40 Things To Do To Feel Productive
Ever have one of those days where Netflix and YouTube take over, and suddenly eight hours have vanished as if by magic? Yeah, well multiply that by two months, and that’s my life lately. As I’m getting older, time is passing crazy fast. Where has 2015 gone? I’m shaking my head in disbelief at the fact that there are only six weeks left of this year.
So, if you’re anything like me, losing track of days at a time, and being plagued by laziness after early mornings and long days at work, then this post is definitely something to feast your eyes on. It’s a list of subtle ways to be productive without even realizing it, and more importantly, without pressure or the surge of motivation that can be so hard to find. And who on this planet doesn’t want that?!
The List I:
- Do a seasonly wardrobe clear-out.
- Learn a new skill. (I’m currently learning about aperture settings and blurred backgrounds on my Canon DSLR.)
- Take blog photos in bulk.
- De-clutter your space.
- Write up a meal plan for the week.
- Plan outfits for good/bad weather.
- Learn a new language.
- Open a savings account.
- Go for a walk, daily exercise is crucial for one’s physical and mental health.
- Re-organize your wardrobe.
- Create a safe, secluded place for important documents: payslips, receipts references, your lease, etc.
- Write to-do lists.
- Read a book.
- Paint, draw, model something. Be creative!
- Watch a documentary relevant to your interests. I’m personally a sucker for David Attenborough animal documentaries!
- Take time out to work on your mental health.
- Set priorities for the days and weeks ahead.
- Journal your thoughts.
- Work out.
- Plan your future.
The List II:
- Back-up treasured photos.
- Put work and leisure routines in place.
- Plan ahead for expenses.
- Clean out your wallet/bag, organizing receipts as you go.
- Schedule appointments: doctor, dentist, hair. The latter should be done 4 – 6 times annually, but you can get away with once a year for the rest.
- Manage your finances.
- Go through and respond to emails.
- Try a new recipe.
- Clean your house, room by room.
- Get a new hobby.
- Bake something. Cookies, brownies, red velvet cupcakes… The opportunities are endless!
- Make a bucket list.
- Try a new make-up style, or dye your hair.
- Plan a holiday.
- Brainstorm your content.
- Change your bed linen, because there’s no better feeling than clean sheets!
- Switch out your wardrobes with the change in season.
- Make a monthly budget.
- Relax. Relaxation is a key part of being productive – because nobody wants to burn out and lack motivation, now do they? So, take my advice – give yourself a break!
What are your tips for being productive?