Get To Know Me With These 50 Facts About Me
Hi guys! I’ve currently got a few posts in the works, but for now, here’s a post that will let you get to know me a little better. I’ve compiled a list of 50 facts about me, to help you really get to know me. Hope you enjoy this list of hopefully interesting facts!
1) I was born on February 9th, 1993, which makes me 22 years old.
2) If I spot a cat/dog/any animal that’s remotely fluffy, you can bet that I’m gonna make it my friend.
3) Watching/playing Pokémon has been one of my pastimes since I was seven, and I still love it to this day.
4) I have heterochromia in both of my eyes, which means that there’s a difference of colours in my eyes. My eyes are green, and have central heterochromia (a different colour around the pupil) in both eyes, which is yellow. I also have partial heterochromia (just a random portion) in my left eye, which is brown. It makes my eyes very unique, and is one of the first things people notice when they first meet me.
5) My favourite song is Placebo’s cover of ‘Running Up That Hill’ by Kate Bush. I’ve loved and listened to it consistently for a little over six years now.
6) I love learning, I need to explore all of the museums in Dublin/the world.
7) I am terrified of moths. I actually can’t function if there’s one in my presence. Nope. Nada. Never.
8) I used to be cripplingly shy, but I feel that I’ve gotten much better with time. Aged like a fine wine, no? ????
9) My hair has been literally every colour you can think of. I’m happy to have finally settled though: my hair has been red and blonde for almost four years now.
10) I’ve had my cat, Widget, since I was eight and I love him an absolutely insatiable amount. We also had his sister too, R.I.P, little Missy. <3
11) I have the worst immune system in history. I’m always sniffling and will get dosed with a flu at least once every month. It SUCKS.
12) I’m obsessed with anything black and white striped. I have so many striped shirts that it should be illegal. Bet you can guess who I was ecstatic to dress as for Halloween? (Hint: Beetlejuice, Beetlejuice, Beetlejuice…)
13) The zoo is my favourite place to be in the world. Anywhere animal-related, really. I’d love to work in some sort of animal care and preservation some day.
14) I’m 5 ft 11, which most people don’t expect when they see me first? I dread the day that I reach six foot, only one inch to go!
15) I have two university degrees, an undergrad degree in Anthropology and Ancient Classics, and a postgrad degree in English Literature. Both were tough going, but so worth what I got to learn and experience.
16) I’ve recently started watching RuPaul’s Drag Race, engrossed isn’t even the word. The one thing it makes me want to do is SERIOUSLY up my make-up game. Now sissy that walk!
17) I’m very emotionally-charged. I’m always thinking, and a lot of the time worrying, but it’s who I am and I’ve embraced it. Figuring things out in depth has it’s perks, believe me!
18) I also try to be positive and optimistic where I can. I try to balance it with being realistic, and it’s a system that works for me.
19) I’ve also been in love with anime since I was really young. Sailor Moon and Cardcaptors were my childhood, anyone else?! I was also introduced to Studio Ghibli when I was in college. If you don’t know what I’m talking about, Google, start watching, and never look back!
20) I detest the colour pink. The only time I liked it was when my hair was that colour, otherwise, KILL IT WITH FIRE.
21) Despite being lactose-intolerant, I will never give up cheese or chocolate.
22) I admit wholeheartedly that I am a pizza addict. Pizza is love, pizza is life.
23) I am the living spit of my mum. People know I’m her daughter by my face before they even know my name.
24) Despite having a boyfriend who can play four instruments, I am completely musically-enept.
25) I have emetophobia, AKA the fear of vomit. *shudders forever*
26) I love to read. I’m currently contemplating making a list of 50 books to read by the end of 2015. Maybe 25, seeing as the year is almost half over ????
27) Because of how I feel about animal rights, and for the health benefits, I really want to go vegan. I’ve previously tried and it’s incredibly difficult, but I hope to take it seriously at some point in the future.
28) Despite my apparent shopping addiction, I’m really good with saving and distributing money.
29) I haven’t been out of Ireland in over six years, hence, I crave travel. Specifically, I want to go to NYC, LA, Tokyo and back to Edinburgh in Scotland.
30) I met Kat Von D in 2010, who is one of my biggest idols, and I gave her a journal with my Twitter username in it. She tweeted me that night saying she wished I’d told her that was me, so she could put a face to a name. I’ve never been so starstruck in my life.
31) I worked in the food and drink industry for nearly four years, and only when I started working in retail last year, I realised just how much it wasn’t for me. I’m much happier now as a result.
32) It’s an impossible task pinpointing my favourite bands/artists, but if I had to choose, they would be Guns N’ Roses, Alter Bridge, Placebo, The Cure, Metric… And so many more.
33) I 100% believe that I was born in the wrong decade. I wish I could’ve been the age I am now, living in the ’80s.
34) I love all things cherry-scented.
35) As you’ve probably already assumed, I am completely inspired by Lua Perez Garreaud, AKA luanna90. Her sense of style in particular has driven me to start the site that I’m typing this very post on. I’m grateful to have such a source of inspiration and drive to create something worthwhile.
36) Taking photos at concerts is one of my favourite pastimes. At times I get so into it that I have to remind myself not to watch the whole concert through the lense.
37) I’m a complete perfectionist, so I push myself to work as hard as I can, but it gets frustrating when things don’t reach my own standards.
38) My mum has red hair naturally, hence, I have the palest skin in the world. In beauty blogger terms, hey there, MAC NW10!
39) 90% of my wardrobe is black, grey or white, and I regret nothing about it. That monochrome life ????
40) I’ve had blemish-prone skin since I was 11. It’s been quite the journey with lots of trial and error, but it’s gotten better and I’ve established a helpful skincare routine as I’ve gotten older.
41) Despite being a fully-grown adult, afternoon naps are one of my favourite things.
42) I have a lip-balm collection and it’s becoming a problem. Get me to lip-balm-addicts anonymous, stat!
43) My favourite films are Mr Nobody, Suckerpunch, and The Lovely Bones. I love psychological films that really make you think.
44) I have an addiction to gravy. At dinner it’s usually a case of “Do you want some food with your gravy, Aoife?”
45) I’m a complete clean freak. I can’t relax until everything is tidied up and perfected, it just plays on my mind until it’s done. Being a perfectionist has it’s downside.
46) I can’t sleep with socks on. Ever.
47) I’m part of the 10% minority of the world: I’m left-handed.
48) I will take staying in with Netflix, pizza and snacks over a night on the tiles any day of the week. I don’t really drink and I’m perfectly happy that way.
49) Despite that, I do like doing elaborate make-up, even for casual days out. As I said above, you can blame the Drag Race for that!
50) Watching The Jeremy Kyle show is my not-so-guilty pleasure!
Be sure to tell me some facts about you in the comments below!