Appreciating The Little Things, The Ones That Make My Day
Hello everyone! Hope you’re all having a great weekend so far. I myself am not feeling so hot. So today’s post about the little things in life will be short and sweet. I hope you’ll forgive me, I have a good one coming on Monday though that I think a lot of you will have an interest in. Today I’m sharing my list of the little things that make my day. They may be little, but they matter lots, don’t you think? Having a selection of little, seemingly insignificant things to enjoy is something that I consider really important. After all, it’s usually those things, or moments, that matter most in life. At the end of the day, life is all about the little things all coming together to form happiness. Don’t you think?
– A cup of tea after a long day at work.
– A good night’s sleep.
– Adventures with my other half.
– Fresh bed linen.
– Achieving the perfect cat-eye/eyebrow/lipstick application.
– Pizza night.
– Achieving goals.
– Cuddles before bed.
– Staying on top of my everlasting pile of laundry.
– Good skin days.
– When my apartment is spotless. (This rarely happens, so I cherish it.)
– New stationary.
– Being organized and productive.
– A clean set of make-up brushes/beauty blenders.
– Cuddles with my kitty.
– Good hair days, more specifically good fringe days. Hashtag emo for life.
– Treating myself when payday rolls around. We all do it, don’t deny it!
– Netflix binges on the couch with lots of snacks.
– When I’ve crossed everything off my check list, and the sense of satisfaction that comes with it.
– Creating (hopefully) worthwhile content.
– That fresh just-out-of-the-shower feeling.
– Lazy days spent guilt-free in my PJs.
– Time spent back home with my family.
– When my hair gets long*. (*Long according to my standards of length.)
– The company of any animal.
– Early nights: going to bed early, freshly showers, in clean pyjamas and fresh bed sheets.
– A good ol’ pampering session: face masks, hair masks, pyjamas, the works.
– The feeling of freshly-dyed hair.
– Going on far away adventures.
– Red pandas, and the very thought of squishing one in a cuddle.
– When my nails are in good nick. (AKA, never: seriously considering acrylics at the moment.)
– Coming home knowing you have the following day off work.
– Always, befriending any feline being that comes across my path.
– Going to the airport, whether it’s for holidays or not. I love the airport, the bustle and buzz excite me.
– Taking lots and lots of mid-day naps.
What are the little things that make your day?