Hi everyone! It’s been so long since I wrote a beauty post that I’ve genuinely forgotten HOW to write one. I suppose let’s jump right in? A few weeks ago I was sent many a lipstick from the new Wet N’ Wild spring collection to review, and BOY was I excited when they arrived!
I received two of the MegaSlicks Balm Stains, which are essentially pigmented lip balms. They glide onto the lips and add that extra pop of colour with minimal effort, which I love. I also received several of the the MegaLast Lip Colour lipsticks, which are one of my favourites of all time, so I was ecstatic when four tumbled out of the package! I’m a creature of habit, and matte lipsticks will always be my favourite. I’ve never really been a fan of shiny/moisturising lipsticks, as they tend to bleed and don’t last anywhere near as long as mattes. I like make-up as much as the next gal, but topping it up constantly is not how I wanna live my life.
I swear I have at least ten (no shame ’cause they’re faaaab) of these lipsticks buried within the maelstrom of my collection, they’re the perfect formula, so highly-pigmented, come in such a wide variety of colours, and the price is impossible to say no to! Wet N’ Wild, do you ever do anything wrong?
- ‘Cherry Picking – E965‘ – This lipstick is a deep blue-toned red in the bullet. But it’s really a true magenta. I’m not the biggest fan of pink lipsticks, as they clash horrifically with my hair. But I love to manipulate this with lipliners to bring out the cherry tones.
- ‘Purty Persimmon – E970‘ – The brightest red orange, an exact dupe of MAC’s ‘Lady Danger’. This a real show-stopper. I’ve never owned a colour like it, it’s definitely a statement shade. I tend to play down the rest of my make-up when I wear it. BUT, I did take a gamble on St. Patrick’s Day by combining this with an olive green smokey eye. And it paid off! All the while looking super patriotic, of course!
- ‘In The Flesh – E912C‘ – The most perfect nude. Not too peach, pink or brown. Because I’m so pale, I find it very difficult to find a nude that suits my skin tone. Especially one that doesn’t wash me out or completely contrast to my face. This right here is a total winner, especially with a subtle pink liner. This lipstick is always buried in the bottom of my bag. I can see this complimenting most if not all skin tones. 10/10, would recommend!
- ‘Pinkerbell – E968‘ – If I love one thing about this lipstick, it’s the name. How CUTE! This is an atomic hot pink, it reminds me of a highlighter marker… In a good way! Again, because of my clashing hair, this doesn’t look the best on me. But it’s still a beautiful shade nonetheless. I could see it working beautifully on someone with icy blonde hair and fair skin. Which I kinda wish I had, to see for myself if it works… Olaplex, anyone?
- ‘Nudist Colony – E129‘ – A mildly-pigmented true nude. This is my go-to for when I just do basic make-up, and I need that little something more. Rimmel do one similar, but this one is just as good and very budget-friendly. What’s not to like, really?
- ‘Coral Of The Story – E1591‘ – A sheer but pigmented coral pink. I hate to sound clichéd, but this is perrrrfect for summer! The ideal shade to add some ‘oomph’ to your look. I tend to wear this when I have little to no make-up on, so it gives a bit of life to my face. Also works out a treat on top of a red lip, it really amps up the colour which I LOVE!
Wet N’ Wild products can be purchased from all Penneys outlets, as well as the majority of Dunnes Stores across Ireland. The MegaLast Lipstick retails for €2.99, and the MegaSlick Balm Stain is €3.99.
*Products sent to me for reviewing purposes.